Friday, August 13, 2004

Making the Scene

A random assortment of things to blog today ...

Roxi went to her first picnic today. No three-legged races or tug-of-war for the sweet girl yet, but she seemed to have a nice time at Rob's work soiree. She got to hang out with her friend Lucas (the son of work buddies who is 2 weeks older than Roxi), and Rob and I got to eat BBQ and hang out. It was the perfect day as well - 70 degrees and sunny.

The pump has officially been retired. Roxi is on formula now. And though I still wish so much that breastfeeding would have worked, I am happy to have lots more time to play, read, bathe, laugh with and generally spoil my daughter. Not to mention how happy I am not to have to hook myself up to that infernal machine several times a day (mooooo). So, Roxi ended up getting 9 weeks of breast milk, and I've decided to get over the guilt and make peace with that. Here's the weird thing: I had lots of stored milk in the freezer, which I thought would result in another week or so of feedings. However, it didn't agree with Roxi. It gave her gas, made her cry and came back up on a couple of occasions. Freezer burn, I guess. The formula, on the other hand, is sitting with her quite well. If anyone hears of coupons or special offers on Enfamil, I'm all ears :)

And ya know what they say about formula resulting in stinkier poo than breast milk? All true.

Roxi is really starting to get control of her hands. She routinely reaches out for our fingers and her monkey toy. You can tell she wants to stuff everything in her mouth, but she hasn't quite figured that out yet. Though she has gotten pretty close to shoving her entire fist in there. Maybe this means she'll be a dentist ... or a fire eater.

We're getting close to the beautiful day when Roxi sleeps through the night. She went nearly 6 hours last night, and is getting more and more content to hang out in her crib after she wakes up - giving her parents a few extra minutes of shut-eye. Lovely child!

And last but not least, a self-centered note from the mom: I fit into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans this week. They used to be loose and now they're a bit tight, but STILL.