Thursday, February 17, 2005


Roxi has officially joined the ranks of millions - if not billions - of babies worldwide: She eats Cheerios. All by herself. The look of concentration on her face when she grasps the wee O between her pointer finger and thumb, followed by the big grin when she lifts it in the air and (occasionally) puts it in her mouth ... stunning. Though I must be either the worst or most laid back mother in my circle of friends. When I mentioned that I was giving Roxi Cheerios, every last one of them said, "Oh great! Did you cut them in half first?" All the other moms were worried about choking their sweet peas. One mom even cut them into quarters. And here I am, throwing gigantic, whole Os at my baby right from the start. Oh well. Roxi never had a problem. She is a big girl after all.